Vacancy: Breezeblock Managing Partner
Breezeblock is Brixton’s neighbourhood café, established in April 2017. We’re known for our tasty unpretentious food, superb coffee, good cocktails, our welcoming atmosphere, our beautiful décor and sunny courtyard, and for the various interesting events we’ve hosted over the years.
Dave, the owner of Breezeblock is looking for a partner to manage and grow Breezeblock with him. This opportunity is intended to allow for the successful candidate to evolve into a shareholder in the business. The role we’re advertising is a full-time post, and will allow a lot of entrepreneurial and creative opportunity. This opportunity will allow someone to take their career to the next level and earn valuable management experience, whilst also growing Breezeblock by devoting their attention to it full time.
If you’re energetic and motivated person looking for a great opportunity to stretch your culinary ideas, curate and grow a cultural space, to conceptualise and host events and help grow a very special hospitality business in a very special neighbourhood, then please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should explain 1) why you are excited about the job 2) how you have the requisite skills 3) your previous experience of making exciting things happen.
Application deadline: 8 November 2022
We may continue to advertise this role until the right candidate is found.
We welcome applications from under-represented groups and are committed to transformation.
The tasks associate with the role will include (but won’t be limited to):
- Managing the day to day running of the business
- Menu creation and adaptation
- Quality control of food, drinks and service
- Successful delivery of events
- Creating and promoting internal events, such as resident DJ sessions and film screenings
- Quoting for external events, such as weddings, birthday parties, book launches
- Stock and cost control
- Marketing and social media
- Employee management
- Staff training
- Engaging and supporting the Brixton community
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- At least three years of experience in the hospitality industry
- Qualifications, or a proven track record, in managing a small business or side hustle
- Numeracy and financial literacy
- Great communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
The ideal candidate will have the following personal qualities:
- Energetic and Motivated: Naturally driven to get stuff done.
- Honesty: you are ethical and fair, you are accountable and trustworthy
- Delivery: You deliver on your commitments and take deadlines seriously, you can take an idea and put it into action
- Planning: You don’t leave things to the last minute and think ahead to ensure that plans are in place to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day service and special events
- Sincerity: You communicate clearly and in advance, you speak the truth and are kind and considerate to all
- Problem solving: You have an eye for detail that motivates you to continually improve your environment and fix and correct things that you notice are wrong or broken
- Social: You are extroverted and chatty, you enjoy meeting people and looking after customers and are connected to the Jozi social scene.
- Creative: You love to come up with new ideas for events that can bring business to the café and want to try out ideas.